THE FINE PRINT
- If a registrant is unable to attend an event for any reason, they may substitute someone else, by arrangement with Tricon Solutions.
- Substitutions made after October 22, 2018, will be subject to an administration fee of $25, plus GST.
- Ignite reserves the right to change, amend, or reschedule any activity with prior written notice due to unforeseen circumstances or reasons beyond its control. Reasons may include but are not limited to force majeure event, or an inability for the venue or speakers to host the event. In the event of a cancellation of the set dates from either party entering into this agreement, Ignite will act in good faith to collaborate with Sponsor in order to reschedule an engagement that suits both parties.
- Ignite will not be liable for any costs incurred to attendee for travel, accommodations, or event associated activities and will not be responsible for the repayment of any sponsorship fees due to such occurrence as specified in section 2.
Consent to use photographic images
- Registration and attendance at, or participation in the Ignite: Burn Brighter constitutes an agreement by the registrant for Ignite: Burn Brighter to use and distribute (both now and in the future) registrant or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
In consideration for allowing me to participate in any or all events and related activities of Ignite Burn Brighter. I hereby warrant and agree that:
- I am familiar with and accept that there is always the risk of serious injury and death resulting from participation in any organized activity particularly those involving hiking, trail running, mountain biking, kayaking, snowshoeing, wilderness navigation, and like activities offered as part of the programme of Ignite: Burn Brighter
- I have satisfied myself, and believe, that I am physically, emotionally and mentally able to participate in this programme, and that my equipment, if applicable, is appropriate for use in this programme; and
- I understand that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that at all times the sole responsibility for personal safety remains with me; and
- I will immediately remove myself from participation, and notify the nearest official, if at any time I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition or if I feel that I have experienced any deterioration in my physical, emotional or mental fitness, or that of my equipment, or exceeded my comfort level, for continued participation in any event or related activity.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND NEXT OF KIN THAT MY EXECUTION OF THIS DOCUMENT CONSTITUTES:
- AN UNQUALIFIED ASSUMPTION BY ME OF ALL RISKS associated with my participation in the any or all of the events and activities associated with Ignite: Burn Brighter even if arising from the negligence or gross negligence, including any compounding or aggravation of injuries caused by negligent rescue operations or procedures, of Ignite: Burn Brighter, any event organizer, event venue and any and all persons associated therewith or participating therein in any capacity; or in transportation to and from such events and activities, and
- A FULL AND FINAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have, or may in the future have, against Ignite: Burn Brighter, all associated sponsors and partners, and their respective directors, officers, employees, coaches, leaders, contractors, agents and representatives, advertisers, volunteers, others participating in any capacity, (all of whom are collectively referred to as "the Releasees") from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer as a result of my use of or my presence at event facilities, or my participation in any part of, or presence at, any or all of the events and related activities of the Releasees due to any cause whatsoever, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE RELEVANT OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES.
- AN AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASEES for any loss, injury, costs or damages of any form or type, howsoever caused or arising, and whether directly or indirectly, from my participation in any aspect of the said events and related activities; and
- AN AGREEMENT TO INDEMNIFY, and to SAVE and HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES, and each of them, from any litigation expense, legal fees, liability, damage, award or cost, of any form or type whatsoever, they may incur due to any claim made against them or any one of them whether the claim is based on the negligence or the gross negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
- An agreement that this document be governed by the laws, and in the courts of the Province of Alberta.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY purchasing a ticket I am SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I AND MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.